Steve Weston International Scholarship at University of Dundee: The University of Dundee is proud to offer the Steve Weston International funding for outstanding students in the UK for the academic year 2021-2022
This scholarship is open for students from EU countries who hold an academic offer of entry for a postgraduate degree programme for January 2022 entry.
The Institution of Dundee is a public research university in Dundee, Scotland, that was founded in 1881. The university’s aim is to improve people’s lives locally and worldwide by creating, sharing, and applying knowledge.
Why study at the University of Dundee? Students are given the skills they need to maximize their potential and take confident, well-informed moves toward their goals at the university. It also gives them the information and confidence they need to make a difference.
- Application Deadline: November 30, 2021
- University or Organization: University of Dundee
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Awards: £5,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: International students
- The program can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: EU
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Available for a master’s degree program in the field of Energy Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, must meet the eligibility criteria:
- Already hold an Honours degree in Law, Economics, Geology, Petroleum, or mining Engineering, Finance at 2ndclass upper level or above. Consideration will also be given to applicants with other academic backgrounds who clearly explain their motivation for undertaking the relevant LLM, outlining any relevant legal work experience.
- Hold an offer for January 2022 for LLM in International Mineral Law and Policy or LLM in International Oil and Gas Law and Policy.
- Be able to demonstrate compliance with the University of Dundee English entry requirements.
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential.
- Have a proven track record and potential to rise to positions of influence.
- Preferably be qualified lawyers having had some post-degree work experience in energy or natural resource development in the government, private sector, or academia.
- Go on to complete the degree within 12 months. Students from overseas are expected to return to their home country at the end of the period of study.
How to Apply
- How to Apply for the Steve Weston International Scholarship at University of Dundee: There is no separate application process for the award; the university will let the student know whether they are eligible or not for the grant in the acceptance letter from the university of a master’s degree.
- Supporting Documents: Your personal statement should emphasise the following points:
- Your ability to make a difference in the world, illustrated by your leadership qualities
- Your skills in communications and the ability to influence people and decisions
- Your networking ability, ambition, and plans for the future
- Your academic background and potential on the LLM degree programme, your strength of character and integrity
- Your outside interests – i.e. hobbies and activities and their updated CV to be sent by email attachment to Alison Anderson a.e.anderson-at- dundee.ac.uk
- Admission Requirements: It is expected that all interested candidates must hold an undergraduate degree for studying the postgraduate degree program at the university.
- Language Requirement: At the time of application, you will be asked to demonstrate proficiency in the English language through the IELTS or TOEFL test.
The award will offer the successful candidate:
- Payment of academic tuition fees (£18,950)
- 12 monthly stipends for living expenses for a single student (£12,600 over 12 monthly payments at £1,050 per month)
- An arrival allowance (£750) and thesis/internship report allowance (£580)