McGill University Canada MasterCard Foundation Scholarships in Canada 2021/2022
McGill University Canada MasterCard Foundation Scholarships is currently open. McGill University Canada MasterCard Foundation Scholarships Application Deadlines are:
- Closing date to submit the Application for Admission in uApply: Your program’s deadline
- Closing date to submit MCF Supporting Documents in uApply: January 31, 2021
Offered yearly? Yes
Eligible Nations: Sub-Saharan African countries
To be taken at (country): McGill University Canada
About McGill University Canada MasterCard Foundation Scholarships
McGill University Canada MasterCard Foundation Scholarships program is structured to fund exceptional, community engaged scholars to go to university who if not would not have the opportunity, thus, nurturing the development of future Sub-Saharan African leaders and entrepreneurs.
In addition to monetary assistance, Scholars are provided with a comprehensive support network that comprises an array of mentoring and support services to make sure each student’s academic success community service engagement and transition to socially pertinent employment opportunities, when they go back to Africa at the end of their studies.
Offered Since: 2013
Type: Masters ((non-thesis)
Eligibility for McGill University Canada MasterCard Foundation Scholarships
- Be acceptable to one of the qualified programs at McGill University (see Program List below);
- Have never completed any graduate studies;
- Be nominated by a professor of a recognized Mastercard Foundation Partner University, or;
- Be nominated by a current McGill Professor or Staff Member (see Nomination Form);
- Be a citizen of and have lived a significant part of your life in a Sub-Saharan African Country (see List of
- Hold a remarkable record of service and activity in your school and/or community;
- Have an aim to go back to your home country immediately upon the completion of your degree with the goal of transforming your community via social and economic growth;
- Demonstrate that your financial status is in the lowest two quintiles of your country.
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Benefits of McGill University Canada MasterCard Foundation Scholarships
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars at McGill will get an all-inclusive set of financial, social, and academic backings all through their education and throughout their post-graduate transitions.
Duration of Scholarship: 2 years
How to Apply for McGill University Canada MasterCard Foundation Scholarships
Because candidates to The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program do not have to pay the $107.50 application fee, you have to follow a special application process.
You will catch comprehensive instructions on this special procedure, and whole information about applying to McGill as a MasterCard Foundation Scholar, from the official link.
Visit Scholarship Webpage for Details about McGill University Canada MasterCard Foundation Scholarships
Vital Note: This application is for MASTER’s (non-thesis) candidates only
- Prospective applicants can find the full list of MCF eligible programs here. As soon as a program of interest has been identified, the candidate must check the departmental requirements and the standard graduate admission requirements, to confirm that they are qualified to apply.
- Do note that fulfilling the minimum graduate admissions requests does not warrant nomination for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program or admission to McGill University. If the minimum requirements are fulfilled, the candidate may demand nomination from the department through email. This request should have the following information enclosed:
- University Transcript
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Short Personal Statement (max. 350 words).
- The selection made by the department acts as a confirmation step. If a candidate has been nominated, they will be informed to create an account on the uApply portal and share the username with the nominating department. The applicant MUST wait until they have been nominated before creating an account in order for the application to be considered for the MCF scholarship
Please note that being nominated does not assure admission to McGill University.
- When selected (department must forward the finished nomination form to firstname.lastname@example.org), the candidate will be issued a fee waiver and should finish the admission application in uApply. Candidates should upload the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Application Form, sponsor letter and bank statement to the uApply checklist.
- Applicant should demand their Referee complete the MCFSP Recommendation form and return the completed form by email to email@example.com .
- The minute all of the requested documents have been received, the department will assess the application.
- If the candidate is admitted to their program of study, their MCFSP application is pre-screened. If picked at the pre-screening stage, the application moves on to the MCFSP Selection Committee for review.
- If the candidate is declined admission, they are no longer qualified for the scholarship.
- Successful candidates will be informed in April 2021 if they have been picked for the 2021 Cohort of the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program at McGill University.